Welcome to my Blog!

Hi there, nice to have you visiting! I'm Heidi and this is the blog for Heidi Bears. Here is where I post all the happenings in my work and daily life. Here and there you'll find info on things that have caught my attention as well as the odd tutorial. I hope you enjoy your visits. I love to have feedback, so leave me a comment!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happypotamus the happy Hippo crochet Pattern available

Hi everyone :)
I am so excited to share that after what feels like many moons, I have finished and uploaded the Happypotamus crochet pattern to my Ravelry shop! Happy is made using the African Flower crochet motif and is a seamlessly made toy/friend. This is a great stashbuster as each flower only needs a little yarn... here is the link for the pattern...











http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/happypotamus-the-happy-hippo-crochet-pattern

Have a good day and happy crocheting!
Heidi♥

15 comments:

Melanie said...

I love this sweet hipo. So collorful.
Liefs, Melanie

flipperine said...

comme il est beau et bien gai avec toutes ses couleurs

amleht67 said...

He or is it she is beautiful and you are making guilt of buying your Bear and I still haven't done one.

Petunia Pill said...

Adorable! Gah! You just do incredible work!

Xelenacrochets said...

Oh this is wonderful!!! I would love to make this hippo!!!

Ria-K. said...

OMG he's too cute, LOVE him. Great job. :)

Angeline said...

Love this one and just bought it from you,like I did with Lolo the african bear.....didn't make Lolo till yet...so now I might find some time to make the hippo first because lolo is a bit bigger ;-)...they're both on my 'things to do list',ha,ha...

grtzzz
Angeline
www.mijnplekkie.tk

Kaye said...

That is sooo cute, I'm definitely making this one, it'll be my hippopotamus for Christmas. :)

Tallulah said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful pattern. I have had so much making it this weekend. Your pattern is brilliant and the instructions are very clear and easy to follow. I can see how much work must have gone into creating this. Well done. I just love it and will be making many more!

Anonymous said...

I just love your patterns! :)

Didnt find your email though, so I ask you here. Are you able to do a pattern for a Piglet (Winne the Pooh), in African Flowers? I just love piglet. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry I forgot to write that its not has to bee that kind of Piglet I wrote in the earlier comment, but just a Pig. :)

Unknown said...

Heidi...I love this hippo pattern so much I bought it the other day. I have a question though. I do not have a stash of sock yarn as I have not figured out how to make them. Can you be more specific on how much yarn of the main color and the others are needed?

RPReedFamilyBlogs said...

Have purchased your adorable Happypotamus pattern .. I just need to know HOW BIG IS THE FINISHED HIPPO?

Heidi said...

The Happypotamus that has been crocheted for this pattern, was made using sock weight/fingering/#1 weight yarn. Using this weight yarn will give you a Happypotamus measuring approximately 37cm measured nose to tail, and approximately 17cm high at the shoulder.

Hope this helps :)

Unknown said...

I love the pattern. I bought it in craftsy and am making it for my DD. Only have the two back legs done and am starting the bum piece. I can't wait to have it done and I wanna make the rest of the jungle animals plus the horse. I look forward to anymore patterns you make that involve the motif.